[ale] laptop overheats before install completes

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at Tux86.org
Wed Apr 4 15:57:25 EDT 2012

Late comer to the thread and have not read them all...no time for that
right now...

Exhaust grills on laptops get buggered up with lint that literally makes
a layer as a blanket or insulation.  I'd pop the case and blow that
thing out.  Sometimes adding a simple mesh over the ports will help keep
crud bey.  Had to do that with my Travelmate...tons of ish layered in
there from my various travels onsite.

Check cooling fans while there and if open, I'd put a fresh layer of
thermal grease on the chips and CPU.  Won't hurt!

Cheers!   ---R