[ale] kjournald?

John Heim john at johnheim.net
Tue Sep 20 11:05:49 EDT 2011

From: "David Tomaschik" <david at systemoverlord.com>
To: <ale at ale.org>
         Since Linux 2.6.30, the kernel defaults to the behavior
> provided by this option (unless noatime  was   speci-
>              fied),  and  the  strictatime  option  is  required to
> obtain traditional semantics. In addition, since Linux
>              2.6.30, the file's last access time is always  updated
> if  it  is more than 1 day old.

The file server is currently running debian lenny with a 2.6.26 kernel.
Lenny has a 2.6.30 kernel so I'll install that. I'm also going to config the
file systems for noatime,date=writeback; turning off atime update and
journaling only meta data. But even if that solves the problem, it only
means we're too close to the dege. So maybe i get a 20% boost from those
changes, during peak, we'll still be over the top.