[ale] OT: Optical Illusion.

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Sep 16 09:28:30 EDT 2011

Nice.  You don't even have to put it into GIMP or Photoshop to see the colors are the same since they explain it is the ping and orange stripes that cause the illusion.

Take some opaque straight edges and put it on the pink stripe on either side of one of the blue bands and you'll see it actually appears to turn color to be the nearly the same as one of the green bands.   (I used the edge of a post-it note pad and a stack of business cards for my two straight edges.)