[ale] Slow NFS Speed?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Thu Sep 15 11:10:15 EDT 2011

Wild guess: Client is mounting with the "sync" option?

The sync export option on the server is needed and normal, but the client
mount option really slows things down and isn't proportionately helpful.

Providing more details (stuff like `cat /proc/mounts`) will help folks give
you less wild guesses.  ;)

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/
  http://www.coraid.com/