[ale] Car topic

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed Sep 7 14:09:38 EDT 2011

I’m pretty sure the emissions requirement is for the county in which you reside not the one in which you work.   If you reside in Ellijay and commute to the Airport (I used to no someone that did) then you aren’t required to get emissions inspection for your car.

Of course if you sell it to someone that does require an emissions inspection then you’d have to have that done at the time as noted below.   Usually people buying a used car that has already had an emissions inspection don’t have to get one at the time of purchase and can wait until their next tag renewal.