[ale] Car topic

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Sep 7 12:42:18 EDT 2011

On 09/07/2011 12:37 PM, Cameron Kilgore wrote:
> Since we're on the topic of emissions testing, are out-of-county
> residents who live inside a county where a permit is required, required
> to have a permit?

I'm having trouble parsing that question.

If your vehicle is registered in one of the counties where emissions
testing is required, then the only way to get a waiver is to show that
you have spent more than the required dollar amount (adjusted annually
for inflation, sadly) on repairs if you fail the inspection.

If you are "well outside" of the area for some reason you can request an
extension, see http://www.cleanairforce.com/motorists/extensions.php for
information on that.  However, this isn't a waiver; once you return to
the area you have to submit to the inspection.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”