[ale] budget dual-head advice?

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 23:37:01 EDT 2011

You will ONLY have an AGP slot on a motherboard that is many years old ~>5
and IF you find an AGP card to put in the slot, you will be stuck with one
of the old chips that [likely] are not well supported in Linux (at least for
ATI, with the pre AMD ownership of the company, since which things have
gotten better in the way of open source support for ATI).
There never were any PCI-X graphics cards, you SURELY mean PCI-e (i.e. PCI
Express). You definitely want to go with PCIe, much faster, better
supported, and cheaper (for the performance provided).