[ale] OpenVZ Adventures

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Sep 6 11:55:21 EDT 2011

On 08/29/2011 07:30 AM, Wolf Halton wrote:
> All 24 cores were
> running at about 5% capacity.  This was a successful experiment, IMO.
> Now I want to see if I can build a router in there in one container
> and a /23 private network in there.

Realize I'm jumping in late here... somehow missed the thread.

One reason I left OpenVZ is because networking inside the containers is,
well, not.  The host has to configure it.

LXC, however, *does* let containers do things like routing because they
each have their own full network stack.  Additionally, LXC is in the
mainline kernel.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”