[ale] Linux alternative recommendation ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 25 10:32:07 EDT 2011

Keith,

Thanks for the references.

After reading I have no idea how safe my digital media are, as in some
cases I don't know if what I'm using is comparable
to what was tested and further,... I don't know how comparable the
equipment used to scan is to what would be encountered
at particular airports, especially, say, on entering Canada, for example.

In my case, the TSA needlessly destroyed, while I watched, and entirely
unnecessarily, new luggage and didn't even feign caring.
I can imagine their knowledge and handling of valuable data :-)  not to
mention the cost to replicate same. They also have the
power, as opposed to the right, to seize such, including computers,
without accountability. I guess I just resolved my concern.
The greater threat is a police state vis-a-vis it's misuse/abuse of
techno surveillance. Answer: don't leave home without it,.....
it being duplication of all before encountering fortress America's
minions. The good news....scanners are the least of my worries.

Not complaining, but hopefully explaining, and... rather confessing
ignorance and frustration with attempting to resolve this matter, for as
we all know, a
helluva lot of time and work can be nullified with one thoughtless move,
on "their", or, my part.

C.Thomas