[ale] Linux alternative recommendation ?

Watson, Keith krwatson at cc.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 25 08:37:23 EDT 2011

As Jim pointed out they can but it does depend on the energy level of the xrays.

As a result the manufacturers say sometimes xrays damage flash and sometimes they don't so it is best to treat them like photographic film to be safe.

Read:

5: Pack Flash storage devices into carry-on luggage if possible
6: Avoid U.S. Postal Service radiation scanning of mailed packages

http://www.kingston.com/flash/digitalmedia_care.asp

You can get the International Imaging Industry Association (I3A) Integrity in Transportation of Imaging Products (ITIP) report here:
http://www.i3a.org/resources/#itip

keith

--

Keith R. Watson                        Georgia Institute of Technology
IT Support professional Lead           College of Computing