[ale] Linux alternative recommendation ?

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Mon Oct 24 15:43:10 EDT 2011

You're certainly welcome.  Glad to help.  However, on this issue, I
can't help.  I don't know about the effects of x-rays on flash memory.
I haven't flown since the 09/11/01 and probably a while before that.
Both the memory technology and the x-ray technology have changed a lot.
You'll have to do other research on this.  One person posting in this
thread thought it was a problem, and another thought it wasn't.  If you
find anything conclusive, post it here.

Sincerely,

Ron

On 10/24/2011 3:21 PM, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Ron,
>
> Does that mean its "airport safe" ?
>
> Thanks again,
> C.Thomas
>
> On 10/24/2011 2:34 PM, Ron Frazier wrote:
>> I saw a memory card in the office store recently where the label said
>> it was x-ray proof.  I thought that was interesting.
>>
>> Ron
>>
>> On 10/24/2011 2:18 PM, Rich Faulkner wrote:
>>> Mucho $$ yes, but an option.  The carrier that I have can swing both
>>> ways:  eSATA or USB.  Bottlenecks aside it gives flexibility when
>>> you can get it (and I like flexibility).  Build a multi-boot system
>>> there and viola.  My first choice is USB stick though.  Low tech,
>>> easy to carry and replace.  Just watch them going through airport
>>> security scanners.  I've had a few fried by their equipment in
>>> repeated scans.  I'm starting to carry LPS (DoD-SPI) with me as a
>>> back-up.........R
>>>

>> <snip>

Ron Frazier

770-205-9422 (O)   Leave a message.