[ale] phoronix.com: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS Desktop To Be Supported Longer (5 Years)

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Sun Oct 23 09:37:48 EDT 2011

Newer isn't better is really my point.  I agree and may well find myself
running older versions on an older build because it fits what I want.
Once support has lapsed for the version (whatever it would be); that
would be that.  On the surface I don't have an issue with that, my
computer is just a tool -- but one I want running the way I want it
running.  Not the way some company (or group) wants my computer running.
(Gee, that's the reason why I ditched Microsoft!)    RinL