[ale] Searching ALE mail archives?

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:57:25 EDT 2011

Thanks Jim!

My extremely old server died this morning, may her AMD 32-bit soul rest in
peace. My very old lap/desktop, a refurb IBM T30, is slow enough as is with
Fedora. I'm looking to learn OpenStack but all my tech was pre-hypervisor.
Most of my education, as well, so I hear the terms but need to find docs to
read to catch up to this century.

Once I get that education I need to find a low to medium cost source of
supply. Sadly, I'm several hours from ATL so don't have quite the access as
you guys.

So my questions devolve to:

1. Where is a good read on current CPU and Motherboard technology?
1.a. Deep enough to explain topics like hypervisor, SATA vs ??, other
options.
1.b. Information on disk arrays for home storage.

2. For the hard core hardware geeks, what brands do you find most Linux
friendly and more reliable? I'm not a speed junkie but I keep gear for eons.

3. For mail-order, what vendors have we had the best response from? Are
there ATL based vendors who would ship?

Thanks!

Leam

Mind on a Mission <http://leamhall.blogspot.com/>