[ale] who is eating my drive

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue May 31 12:04:31 EDT 2011

VM = Vmware?   Which version?

I wouldn't expect to see a size on /dev normally - it appears you
allocated 4 GB to it as a filesystem of its own.   Since it typically
would only contain device files it would take up very little room so
usually isn't a separate mount on most *nix OSes.

/dev/shm always shows up but isn't a physical filesystem - it probably
is showing 4 GB because it is a subdirectory of /dev which has 4 GB.

Not sure where the /var/run and /var/lock are coming from - on my old
ESX box I don't see those as mounts.   If you run df -h /var what does
it show?   Is /var/lock a link to /var/run or vice-versa?

Are any of these in /etc/fstab on the guest?