[ale] windoze scripts to linux scripts

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Wed May 25 17:55:43 EDT 2011

On 2011/05/25, at 15:54 , Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:

> Friends:
>
> I have bat files in windoze that I am trying to converts to
> linux (its dejavu, in 1999 I was finding equivalents of sh in windoze)
>
> What I am looking for is  In Windoze, I can do dir /s /b c:\bin and
> it will list all files with full path names
>
> c:\bin\putty.exe
> c:\bin\putty.cfg
>
> How do I do that Linux world ?  I know you will tell me do find ~/
> bin -name "META-INF" -print
> but what I want is the full name of the file including the path.
> Any ideas ?

I think you may be trying too hard
.
The standard output of the find command IS the full
path name (starting at the root /)

On this machine, doing a find of type file on my
home directory:

    find ~ -type f

yeilds:
[... many files with the last 5 being ...]
/Users/arx/Sites/images/apache_pb.gif
/Users/arx/Sites/images/gradient.jpg
/Users/arx/Sites/images/macosxlogo.png
/Users/arx/Sites/images/web_share.gif
/Users/arx/Sites/index.html

You can pipe that output where ever needed or redirect if to
a file where each entry will be it's own line or use at as input
to a loop.

HTH!
peace
aaron