[ale] Fedora 15

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed May 25 11:47:02 EDT 2011

Michael Trausch <mike at trausch.us> writes:

> I really like GNOME 3; aside from a few (minor) bugs, it is quite nice. I
> could learn to use it daily, on the right base. I had to remove Fedora,
> though. I couldn't be productive with it. Fedora is strangely fresh, but I
> can't get over the package manager. It is very slow (could just be my
> perception), and I found a bug either in the package manager or the F15
> repository, I don't know which. (Sadly, I did not save the output, and I can't
> remember what I was trying to install, but it failed miserably).

I find it odd that you had such major problems so quickly, considering
F15 was just released yesterday.  If you were using a F15 pre-release,
well, that could certainly be the explanation of your issues.

As for the package manager being slow, I think it's just a perception
thing.  It also depends on your network connection.  I've found apt to
be slow at times, too.  It all depends what needs to be done, and how
recently you've run it.

I plan to install F15 today once my new hard drive arrives.

-derek