[ale] Building a Linux/Mysql Database server.

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon May 23 10:19:01 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:57 AM, Dennis Ruzeski <denniruz at gmail.com> wrote:
> The setup of the database would essentially be the same as if it were
> local except you would need to allow access for the web user to access
> the database from the web server(s). Example-
>
> grant select,insert,update on database.* to `user`@`10.10.10.10`
> identified by 'password';
>
> Substitute in your user name, web server IP, password, and required privileges.
>
> Make sure to cycle the server or run "flush privileges;" for the
> changes to take effect.
>

> On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Atlanta Geek <atlantageek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> All,
>> I need to take a single server product that we sell and make it
>> multi-server. However I am having trouble finding some guidelines on
>> how to build the database server. Does anyone have any links or
>> suggestions.
>>
>> Can someone recommend a mysql mailing list as well.
>>
>> --
>> http://www.atlantageek.com

Are you trying to set up master/slave mysql server? Just set up mysql
server? What are you tryign to do, here are a few links.

http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-set-up-mysql-database-replication-with-ssl-encryption-on-debian-lenny

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/mysql_intro.html

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/Beginning-MySQL-Tutorial/

--