[ale] Ubuntu recommendations

Wolf Halton wolf at wolfhalton.info
Wed May 11 21:43:47 EDT 2011

Geoffrey,

If you are looking to have lots of (mostly minor) updates and upgrades,
use newest normal release.  I actually like the bleeding edge, so I used
to download alpha versions and run them on dev testing machines.
LTS version is less demanding and lower maintenance, but I like
semi-annual major updates..
If you want a version to learn with use one version back from the newest
in both cases.  There will be more how-to information on the net and the
issues will be better defined.

Wolf