[ale] May ALE meeting?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue May 10 09:48:54 EDT 2011

>> That, or discuses in rational terms the benefits of using vi over emacs.
>
> There is only one benefit of using vi over emacs, and that is that you
> don't need to have installed emacs to use vi.  Other than that, emacs
> wins in every way.

As long as everyone here does

  $ sudo apt-get purge nano

the 2nd command after a new install, I'm good.  I'm a reformed emacs user.

How did I know it was time to switch to vi?  When I found myself using
vi-mode **all-the-time**.

I still use emacs bindings on the shell prompt. Is that weird?

These days, I use Geany for a mini-IDE for longer perl sessions, but
still use vim 99% of the time. Geany is like notepad+ on Windows with
lots of plugins. I wish they'd run it through purify, however. There are
some crashing-bugs in that code.