[ale] Bad memory, need to work around it

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:43:03 EDT 2011

Mike,

Why play around with bad RAM. If you expect more of it to fail, why take the
chance that it might hose something important during a write to the HDD.
Pretty much all RAM has lifetime warranty these days. If it is name brand
such as Kingston, Crucial, etc. just type in the part number in the
manufacturer's web site and see if it is covered. Get your new RAM for the
cost of mailing in the bad stuff.

Meanwhile, buy at least a decent power strip if not a UPS that has the $
coverage for any attached device and your whole system is covered should
something else get fried.