[ale] Bad memory, need to work around it

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon May 9 11:58:43 EDT 2011

To answer another part of this you didn't ask:

If you are having power spikes/surges etc... why not get a UPS like the
APC ones that have outlets that always run off battery (i.e. are not
simply surge protected but rather never use direct power from the wall).
The APCs I bought a couple of years ago have both surge protected and
the battery outlets and they have something like $1 million guarantee
that equipment using the battery outlets won't be impacted by surges or
other issues short of a direct lightning strike.

You can lose power of course if you don't shutdown the connected
equipment when the power is out because of course the battery will be
drained until then but that isn't the issue that got you here if I
understand it.