[ale] How can I set up box to be a proxy...

Raj Wurttemberg rajaw at c64.us
Fri May 6 10:36:06 EDT 2011

I like the way you think Richard.  I had the need to be able to test our VPN
from the outside, so I worked with our network guys. They knew that I would
regularly bring up an SSH connection to my home Linux box and start up an NX
Windows (a.k.a No Machine or !M) session. I still use that setup, but I also
have PuTTY configured on my Windows 7 work PC to forward all HTTP requests
through my SSH tunnel.  Firefox also has the added ability to forward all
DNS requests through the tunnel so your browsing is very invisible. :)

Chuck,

(Disclaimer: I take no responsibility if you get pounced on by your company
network security team.) Here is a link on how to setup PuTTY on Windows to
proxy all your web traffic through a remote system.

http://bit.ly/ivio3M

If you feel safer finding the link yourself, Google the words,  putty
dynamic proxy .

Hope this helps,
-=Raj=-

---