[ale] OT: Nuc reactors and Japan

Damon Chesser dchesser at acsi2000.com
Fri May 6 09:06:54 EDT 2011

(I hate outlook, but I am stuck with it while at work, forgive the top posting)

Sure, a gas co-gen plant can go BOOM in spectacular ways, but will it leave the place un-inhabitable for 100 years?  No flame war meant, just discussion.  This is a thing I have moved on over the years.  Engineering is a funny thing:  They plan for everything they can, but who ever thought that a 9.0 earth quake followed by a huge wave wiping out the aux power units would happen.  NOW it seems obvious, but THEN it was remote if even if it was possible.

Slag in bottom of a pit is a GOOD thing as opposed to graphite that ignites and vaporizes.

Damon Chesser
dchesser at acsi2000.com
damon at damtek.com