[ale] Ubuntu 11.04 Under VirtualBox

Omar Chanouha ofosho at gatech.edu
Thu May 5 16:46:54 EDT 2011

I got it working. If this was my personal machine, I would have given
it more of a shot, but to be honest I think the new interface is
inefficient for getting work done. I don't like the mac-like placing
of the menu in the top bar. I don't have much screen real estate, so
taking away even a bit of the left side of the screen is too much, and
they take quite a bit. I use gedit/terminal the most, which need width
more than height w/ respect to a 19". Lastly, I found it a bit slow,
but I am sure that will change. If I had more screen I would like it,
but right now classic gnome + do is superior for me.

-O