[ale] as promised/threatened, an overly long post with probably nothing of real importance

Tim Watts tim at cliftonfarm.org
Wed May 4 12:56:50 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-04 at 09:19 -0400, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> One note folks.  If the list has a specific focus,  and a posting is
> contrary to that focus, then not permitting that posting to be posted is
> not censorship.  It is simply keeping things on track.
>
> Let's not confuse focus and censorship.

Excellent point. This is basically how I perceived Jim's setting the
moderation bit; which is why I didn't complain. I did raise my eyebrows
but y'all probably didn't notice that. Overall Jim, I think your move
was correct and proportional. I do hope you'll stay on as moderator cuz
I sure don't want to do it! :-)

I would welcome some moderation to help keep the focus. A little
moderation here and there can go a long way to reinforce
self-moderation. On the other hand, I do enjoy most of the OT stuff --
even the stuff I disagree with. I'm probably in the minority in this
respect. If nothing else it helps me understand better what I believe.