[ale] Celebrate - Usama killed!

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Mon May 2 14:15:09 EDT 2011

So we should base our perception on advertising especially when it is
clear they are neither fair nor balanced in their reporting?   Unlike
you I don't discuss things I haven't seen.   When FNN  first came on the
air I watched them for as long as I could stomach it and periodically
check them out as I did last night.   In my not so humble opinion only
someone to the right of Pat Buchannan would think them "fair and
balanced".  If folks like them that is their prerogative but pretending
they don't report from the right wing side of things is silly.  MSNBC
reports from the left wing side.   CNN at one point seemed more "fair"
and somewhat "balanced" even if left leaning but has since tried to
become FNN because so much of their audience went to FNN and failed
miserably at it.

Nowadays everything is commentary and trying to actually find news on
any of the channels is difficult.   Don't think I'm a CNN fan either.
They are sensationalist as well with so many of their anchors displaying
fake outrage over trivial issues.   They also annoy the hell out of me
for having folks like Nancy Grace on pre-judging all legal issues long
before they ever see the inside of a courtroom.   CNN pretty much lost
my respect when they jumped on the OJ Simpson bandwagon long before FNN
came into the picture.

For in depth information I go on line.  However, when big stories break
the fastest way to get somewhat credible information is still TV.

Interestingly the first thing I saw on CNN this morning was a New York
Congressman praising Obama's actions in this and giving him the credit.
The CNN interviewer mentioned the actions of others in the
administration and this guy was quick to point out that if it had gone
wrong nobody would be talking about anyone but Obama so since it went
right Obama deserved the credit.   That guy is the most "fair and
balanced" observer I've seen in Washington in months.