[ale] HostGator (was Re: [ALE-jobs] Fwd: Required: Linux Support Analyst (Linux/solaris), Norman, OK- Fulltime)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Mar 15 10:04:50 EDT 2011

Geoffrey Myers <lists at serioustechnology.com> writes:

> Charles Shapiro wrote:
>> BTW there is a billboard up on the Western side of I-285 between I-20
>> and South Cobb Drive advertising "DO YOU KNOW LINUX?  DO YOU WANT A
>> JOB?" It's for HostGator.com, which has had many billboards up in the
>> Atlanta area with promo codes for webhosting services.  According to
>> their website ( http://www.hostgator.com/jobs.shtml ) they're looking
>> for various linux admin and engineering folks with perl background who
>> are willing to relocate to Houston, TX or Austin, TX.
>
> There's another off the 120 loop at Roswell Rd.

I saw this sign last week (I don't remember where).  I didn't look much
more into it.  But seriously, they have billboard advertisements for
jobs that require relocation?  WTF is up with that?

-derek