[ale] just a note about Atlantic Nexus

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Tue Mar 1 07:59:49 EST 2011

Glad you're up and running. I had a similar event a couple of years ago.
Surge suppressors, which I have everywhere, just cannot absorb the
quantity of energy a close by lightning bolt will pump into the earth.
Over the last 11 years, I've lost 2 garage door openers, an audio
amplifier, an intercom, multiple telephones, a kvm, and a hard drive
enclosure to lightning, at least that's my theory. I have a nice little
bag of scrap parts I just never got around to recycling. It's great that
your ISP got you back up and running so quickly. I said I hated these
storms last night. My wife said "I thought you loved GA weather." I
said, no, I just hate it less than earthquakes out west, even more
tornadoes in the midwest, and multiple feet of snow up north. When the
GA weather is good, I love it, but I really hate these storms. We have
the dubious honor of having the 2nd most lightning strikes in the
country. I think FL is number 1.

Sincerely,

Ron