[ale] LightScribe for Linux

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Tue Jun 28 18:56:33 EDT 2011

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:18:30 -0400
"Michael B. Trausch" <mike at trausch.us> wrote:

> Uhm... I beg to differ!  Maybe you're having a old^Wbrain fart?
>
> The first Web browser came out in 1991, and PNG arrived in 1996. MSIE
> 4.0b1 (from near the end of 1997) supported it, as well as Netscape
> 4.04 (from July 1997).
>
> I say that a decade is either new math or a senior moment.  ;-)

I don't remember the time frames, probably because I've slept since
then, but...

I remember it taking quite a while before you could assume people were
running browsers that supported png.  Also, we had to rely on gif files
for transparency for a (what seemed like) a really long time because IE
files to support the alpha channel properly.

Pat