[ale] svideo recorder to hard disk

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 15:01:19 EDT 2011

The channels that I am viewing are not available on Satellite.

I have tried the SlingBox approach but not much success.

I have tried record my desktop but not much sucess.

I will try ffmpeg approach to see if it works but the issue is on Linux,
Moonlight (cousin of silverlight) is choppy and hence I have to rely on
Windoze.

Even on Windoze, I don't know how to maximize silverlight window with pure
key strokes (aka no mouse).

If Mythtv recording thru SVIDEO-IN works, then I think most of my issues
will be solved.(of course its myth so nothing may happen easily)

What would be nice is a device that accepts SVIDEO-IN to get the data in and
a metachannel to say stop recording.
The same device should allow a USB drive to be connected where it can save
the recording to.  This USB  drive should have a network enabled enclosure
so it can be accessed by any pc.

Let see if there is such a device.

-Narahari