[ale] POSSIBLE-SPAM-Re: C Compiler for Linux

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Jun 27 13:40:39 EDT 2011

On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 13:37 -0400, John P wrote:
> Has anyone else used 'dd' as an editor?
>
> That failure taught me backup religion, so something good did come
> from it.

Not quite.  But I have used it to read a chunk of a file that I needed
to edit, edit the chunk, and then used dd to splice it back into the
file.  It makes for a decent patch-by-hand method when it's needed.

In fact, xxd is about the only thing that I use regularly from the vim
suite...

What's with the subject lines getting "POSSIBLE-SPAM" added to them?

	--- Mike