[ale] svideo recorder to hard disk

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:52:33 EDT 2011

Here is the situation.

I have susbcribed to Indian TV programming.  It comes via Silverlight.

I used recordmydesktop in combo with xdotool to automate recording of
programs in the middle of the day and middle of night.

It was working ok but the sound was crappy.

I have a spare pc that I put WindozeXP on and I am automating that with
autohotkey (btw linux needs this bad)

I have now taken Svideo out of the Windze Machine (along with analog audio)
and I am inputting that to a regurlar plain old vcr with scheduled
recording.  It works good.

I want to replace the VCR with a Tivo or a DVR device.  Tivo is preferred
because Tivo has networking abitlities and allows me to get to the
programming from other boxes.

However, Tivo requires subscription and I am trying to learn how to use Tivo
without subscription.

Once it is on Tivo I want to be able to pull the .tivo file and put it on
the Myth Backend server.  This way Myth front end can retreive the video and
watch it on the main tv.

-Narahari