[ale] dialing on Android and driving will kill you and others.

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Mon Jun 27 09:21:13 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Charles Shapiro
<hooterpincher at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-6090342-7.html
>
> I think about this every time I bike on Atlanta streets.
>
> -- CHS

I'd really like a study to quantify the level of distraction of an
in-car conversation vs. a cell phone conversation.  For the moment,
let's exclude the obviously dangerous dialing period, and focus on the
discussion.  Why is a discussion over a cell phone any worse than
talking to the passenger next to you?  I've seen plenty of people who
insist on turning their head to talk to their passenger in the car.
(Yes, eye contact during a conversation is good, but not when it
sacrifices eye contact with the road/other drivers.)

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com