[ale] dialing on Android and driving will kill you and others.

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jun 24 21:18:01 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 21:14 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> But using the voice dialer is so much fun!
>
> me: "call wife"

I'm in worse shape then you.  For a few years I've been using call signs
for many numbers.

Try telling android to "call XYL".  Does not work.

I've downloaded Vlingo and it seems to work but it ain't autonomous.  I
still have to push 'ok'.

These phones need to just dial the f'ing number :)

I had an idea that if the droid can sense you moving at high speed it
could assume you are driving and once you push the button to wake it up
go straight to the dialer.  Forget swiping to unlock.

Chris