[ale] File systems for hetergeneous networks?

Andrew Sledge andrew at novologic.com
Thu Jun 23 09:34:56 EDT 2011

It was hard to tell from the first email exactly what the problem was.

Would your business model support using some hosted service? Google Apps
offers SSO solutions via SAML (and SAML can authenticate from LDAP/Kerberos
sources). If not, I've had good luck with Samba across links with a fast
connection with a Samba server set as the Windows PDC and file shares served
by a mix of Windows and Samba.

I can echo Mr. Kinney's stance on NFS. It's been a while since I've used it,
but in a Windows 2008 environment with NFSv4 there were constant stale lock
issues.