[ale] SUSE not under Novell? was Re: Atlanta OpenSource Unconference?

Watson, Keith krwatson at cc.gatech.edu
Fri Jun 17 08:48:44 EDT 2011

According to this Novell (and SUSE) has been acquired by Attachmate as of April 27, 2011.

Novell Completes Merger with Attachmate and Patent Sale to CPTN Holdings LLC
http://www.novell.com/news/press/2011/4/novell-completes-merger-with-attachmate-and-patent-sale-to-cptn-holdings-llc.html

http://preview.tinyurl.com/44hkzgn

Novell, Inc. (NASDAQ: NOVL), the leader in intelligent workload management, today announced that it has completed its previously announced merger, whereby Attachmate Corporation acquired Novell for $6.10 per share in cash. Novell is now a wholly owned subsidiary of The Attachmate Group, the parent company of Attachmate Corporation.

keith

--

Keith R. Watson                        Georgia Institute of Technology
IT Support professional Lead           College of Computing