[ale] Atlanta OpenSource Unconference?

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 06:31:15 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Wolf Halton <wolf at wolfhalton.info> wrote:
> On 06/16/2011 04:48 PM, David Tomaschik wrote:
>> This might be a terrible idea, or a crazy idea, but I'm sure this is a
>> group that will tell me that.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Concept feedback?  Desire for an Atlanta Linux/Open Source event again?
> This sounds like a great idea.  As I understand it, the original ALF
> went down because it had succeeded too well.  Too many attendees and not
> enough staff to keep things going.  Is this accurate?  I would be
> interested in helping out with this.  Can provide questions and can help
> with organizing the chaos.

Nick Ali who start ALF got burnt out. So burnt out that he doesn't do
anything in open source. The guys at S.E.L.F wanted to do a join fest.
 Amber Graner of Ubuntu Loco helped Nick a lot with ALF.  I been
thinking it would be great to do one too. Mall of Georgia has a conf
center that very nice. The other idea I have but it more of a dream, I
like to buy the old movie theather that nears Fry's and make into a
Hack Space/Confress place. I been to the fest in Austin it was in a
place like that it was really.

Sad, Linux and Hockey share two things. We lost two hockey teams, and
two Linux Shows ALS and ALF. I like to see another raise up.

If you guys do this, please note that openSUSE can be there, I might
even see if can get SUSE to sponsor. ( Now that SUSE is no longer
under Novell.)

--
(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member