[ale] Bad Hard Drive

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Jun 16 18:00:19 EDT 2011

It is possible that nondeterminism depends on the SATA chipset, but I have a
system in production where the drives are enumerated in the order they
appear to the kernel. Furthermore... if I pull sdb out (yay hot swap) and
put it back in, it'll get sdg (sdf is the last one assigned at boot time in
this system).

I don't really worry about it, though, because I use the serial numbers, not
the node names.

--
Sent from my phone... a G2 running CM7 nightlies!