[ale] udev vs hotplug

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Tue Jun 14 10:52:22 EDT 2011

If they're not technically the same thing, then at least they're
historically related.

The udev stuff is a moving target, and I don't really know the authoritative
answer for 2.6.38.  I think that kernelnewbies would be a good forum for
that question if the information at the URL below doesn't give you the
answers you need:

  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/udev.html

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/