[ale] [OT] Are iPhone apps $$$ why Android apps are free?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Sat Jun 11 21:09:56 EDT 2011

On 06/11/2011 07:28 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 13:17 -0400, Jim Lynch wrote:
>> When there is freePBX why would anyone ever buy Avaya?
>>
>> I'm quite happy with my (small) pbx.
>>

> FreePBX is good I used to use it.  My problems with it were cased by
> abstraction of the internals behind a web interface.  I abandoned it and
> did it old school.  I installed Linux, downloaded Asterisk source,
> compiled and I then used the best configuration tool out there.  VIM.
After I wrote that I realized I had mis-typed.  I'm running Freeswitch.
It's a new (relatively) pbx that's a vast improvement over Asterisk.
It's cleaner and has almost all the same features.  The developers are
independent folks and not backed by a company like Asterisk is.  If
anyone is really looking for a pbx solution and wants to invest a bit of
time, it's worth a serious look.  I think Sangoma support for FS is
better than for Asterisk.

I enjoyed your post.  You make some good points.

Oh and I can recommend Sangoma hardware.  Their support is outstanding.
How many companies have support staff that will log into your computer
and help you diagnose the problems with their hardware?  Even though it
was a configuration issue, Sangoma support did that for me without charge.

Jim.