[ale] [OT] Are iPhone apps $$$ why Android apps are free?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Jun 11 18:08:19 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 17:48 -0400, David Hillman wrote:
> .  If you build a quality product that customers actually want to use
> and buy,  there will be no need for lock-in.

Inferior products succeed via superior marketing.

The problem with lock-in is that in the beginning the product may
actually be amazing and great but after the lock-in laziness sits in
because there is no motivation to innovate.  Innovation may continue but
it will be less over a period of time.  The only way to fire it back up
is to jeopardize the grip the vendor has on the market.

I don't hate or dislike Bill Gates.  I respect him for how he has been
able to capture a market.  I make my own choice and run Linux as much as
I can.

I guess that makes me Pro Choice.  I believe it is your right to choose
freedom over lock-in.  If you choose to be locked in then you must live
with that decision.