[ale] [OT] Are iPhone apps $$$ why Android apps are free?

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jun 10 22:51:08 EDT 2011

After spending part of the day with the droid I guess I can say "Why did
I even bother with iOS"?

I'm in love.

The iTouch required me to do a lot via iTunes which required me to boot
into Windows.

I downloaded a PDF and wanted to copy it to the Android.

a)  Attach phone as disk to Linux
b)  Create Documents folder on the mounted volume
c)  Copy PDF to that folder
d)  Download file manager for Android
e)  Run file manager and select PDF from card.

This would have been very difficult in iOS.  Currently the only solution
would have been to email the 100M PDF to myself and save in USB Disk or
copy to dropbox and mark as a favorite (it downloads to the device).

I can even copy music to this phone without having to use iTunes.