[ale] [OT] Are iPhone apps $$$ why Android apps are free?

Fri Jun 10 10:45:43 EDT 2011

The key reason for this is that you can't even install YOUR OWN app on
YOUR OWN device without paying Apple for a developer account. That is
wrong. I am diametrically opposed to Apple's policy on this. As a
former Apple employee, I have reserved public criticism of the company
until it became clear that this policy was not probational. This is
not a practice Apple is doing as they introduce something new, with
the intention of changing it later. They are steadfast in their
position that people should not have the freedom to personalize their
iOS devices without Apple's oversight. One of my fears is that MacOS
will move in this direction. With the introduction of a Mac App Store
and the new Lion OS being much more iOS like, I am really hoping that
desktop Linux gets more suitable for daily use. I expect that in 3
years (roughly 2 OS release cycles) the Apple desktop will come with
the same enslavement as the iPad.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 10:26 AM, Chris Fowler
<cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:
> Un-hijacking thread :)

.!# RichardBronosky #!.