[ale] gnome3. I give up.

Richard Faulkner rfaulkner at 34thprs.org
Tue Jun 7 23:23:31 EDT 2011

Just burned a live disk of F15 and took it for a test drive.  I agree
with Jim...110%.  Gnome3 is Gnot for me in the least.  Why does it seem
that Fedora is taking ques from Canonical?  In my opinion it is way too
geared for a newbie user with limited exposure to M$ and/or too heavy on
the look and feel for a tablet edition.  Rather disappointing on first
look....

First boot wasn't too smooth either.  Likely issues with my dual XFX
6800 GS (SLI) GPUs -- something that F12 had nailed right out of the
box!  I won't even go into the UI.  Couldn't even right-click to change
desktop properties (or did I miss something?)

Sorry these comments aren't very technical but if first impressions make
lasting opinions...I have a very low opinion of Gnome3 after this first
look.  Hoping the development team gets it together for future releases.

RinL