[ale] OT: AT&T data charge

scott scott at sboss.net
Tue Jun 7 14:49:17 EDT 2011

if you read your license agreement (EULA?) that you had to sign when
you got the simcard/original phone there is verbiage in there.  It
blows. I think it is wrong. But any non-dumb phone has to have a data
plan.  I had to have an employee show me where it was.  it was burried
in the middle of a paragraph.  Both AT&T and Verizon care about what
phone you have and charges appropriately.  T-Mobile doesnt care but
doesnt allow you to use services you dont pay for (texting is either
paid for OR you pay $0.10@ with t-mobile).  I took my mom's sim car
put it in my google smart phone and it works with no extra charges
except she didnt have any data traffic.  Only phone/SMS.  Once I
switched my card back in it fully worked.

fight it but dont be surprised if they dont buckle.