[ale] gnome3. I give up.

David Hillman hillmands at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 11:24:43 EDT 2011

I also dislike Gnome 3.  Fortunately, Fedora 15 had to fall back to the
default interface because my graphics card (older Quadro) on my desktop at
home wouldn't support any of the new flashy stuff.  From what I have been
hearing, I don't want to even try Gnome 3.  To tell the honest truth, I use
Linux mostly on servers, anyway.  My main machine is a Macbook Pro from
work.  OS X interface seems to strike a perfect balance between keeping
things looking good on the desktop while still allowing me to get work done.
 The OS just gets out of the way most of the time so that I can focus on the
apps that I need to use.  It's also nice that I can use most of my apps from
the open source world, like Virtualbox, Open Office (Libre Office), Firefox,
Thunderbird, Aptana Studio and Eclipse.  Creative Suite and Final Cut Studio
are the only native apps that I use.  All I need on the desktop is a great
OS with a nice terminal and great connectivity options to get my work done.