[ale] Hey Shapiro! New use for that 3D printer!

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Mon Jun 6 14:10:26 EDT 2011

A commenter mentioned "high security locksets like Medeco" - many years
ago I had a Medeco key and its value-add was that the notches were cut
at an angle.  A 3D printer could reproduce that with no additional
difficulty as long as you had a way to transcribe the original key
sufficiently.

As for the carved material being too weak, well, take your printed piece
to Lowe's and have them reproduce a metal copy for you...