[ale] gnome3. I give up.

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 11:46:02 EDT 2011

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you had, you would have very clearly understood the reference to the Mac
> interface and forced usage of the interface.

When you say "told what I can do with my desktop" that implies, to me,
that the system is preventing actual usage. Being able to change the
way the interface looks (removing panels, adding new panels, etc.) is
different. OS X has not prevented me from doing anything that I want
to do on my desktop, and Gnome 3 wouldn't either. I assume Gnome 3
makes it difficult to do things, and is the reason I don't ever see
myself using it. OS X's interface is minimal, but it doesn't make
actually using the system a difficulty. So I still don't think the
reference makes sense.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/