[ale] Strange happenings

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jul 8 10:41:37 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-07-08 at 14:34 +0000, jwkite at gmail.com wrote:
> filesystem is EXT4. I haven't had a chance to review kernel level or
> logs. I'll check this weekend - thanks for the recommendation.

It is possible that the system was rebooted after data was written to
the journal, but before it was flushed onto the data blocks pointed to
by the inode or one of its indirect pointers.

Unless you have a perfectly defragmented partition (highly unlikely),
it's not likely to be failure of the SSD unless it fits a very strange
pattern.  That said, the next time you have the chance to do so, I would
boot the system from a live CD and run a non-destructive read/write
badblocks operation on the SSD.

	--- Mike