[ale] Home NAS

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sun Jan 30 21:54:05 EST 2011

Hi Paul,

I can see why you'd say that about the 2nd monitor. I didn't make that
too clear. That monitor belongs to my wife's computer, a laptop which
she brings home from work. In the event of a power failure, if we're
here, we still need to see that screen, and she doesn't know the nuances
of switching back and forth between internal and external screens.

The battery I have here, with the load I have on it, won't even run 5
minutes. I'd actually like to be able to tell the system to shut down
after 1 minute, which amounts to about 70% battery left. I cannot find
anything in Ubuntu which will allow me that level of control. The power
settings panel only asks me what I want to do when the battery is
critically low. It doesn't ask anything about when to do it. I don't
know how to set it the way it needs to be set.

Sincerely,

Ron